In the Bleat this week;
- Pedal Power – Traffic Controller Course
- Racing this Week
Please send me your contributions at: TheBleat@actvets.cc
Pedal Power – Traffic Controller Course
Pedal Power ACT, in association with Roads ACT have scheduled a FREE Traffic Controller Course for the Cycling clubs and Community of the ACT for the past three years. Roads ACT have once again enabled FREE access to this training for two more dates in 2017.
The Traffic Controller training that is provided meets the NSW and the ACT requirements and provides the appropriate qualification to allow a registered person to control traffic at cycling (and other) events.
The Traffic Controller Training courses will be held for free for Canberra cycling clubs and cycling organisations in July and again in November. Spaces are limited for each training course.
Fully subsidised by Roads ACT these courses have been organised to assist in minimising costs on cycling clubs and organisations and help train volunteers, or club appointed marshals to fulfil the traffic controller duties at cycling events. We urge you to make use of this generous offer and assist your club and the broader cycling community by having more trained and skilled operators available for club and open events in the ACT. Please note ALL registrants must have a current driver’s license.
Dates: Saturday 15 July
Time: Full day of training 8:30 – 5:30 pm
Location: Canberra Ave, Fyshwick
Dates: Saturday 11 November
Time: Full day of training 8:30-5:30 pm
Location: Canberra Ave, Fyshwick
To register please go to:
Any problems or concerns please let me know.
Stephanie Sleen | Program and Events Manager
I work Mondays (9-5) Tuesdays (9-2:30) and Fridays (9-5)
Ph: 02 6248 7995
Pedal Power ACT
Level 2 Griffin Centre, 20 Genge Street, Canberra City ACT | GPO Box 581, Canbera ACT, 2601
- Marshals are critical to the survival of our racing schedule as we simply cannot conduct races safely without them. Please note the policy on members marshalling a race a year to support club races at https://actvets.cc/racing-with-us/marshal-schedule/. Note that members should not leave it to the last minute to try and find a replacement if they can’t make their allotted marshaling duty.
President, ACT Veterans Cycling
RACING THIS WEEK:
Saturday, 24th June: Apollo Graded Scratch
Note: Race to Be Confirmed, waiting for road approvals.
Where: To get there, travel to Tharwa, then left onto Naas Rd. (If via Gordon/Right if Via Tidbinbilla Road). Go past Namadgi visitors centre, Tennent hill, Turn Right onto Apollo road. Park on top of hill at disused tracking centre. Sign on at the top, then ride back down to the T junction for the start.
When: 1:30 pm.
Sign on: 15 mins before scheduled start time wearing your registered number. Note, make sure you allow yourself time to roll down the hill to the starting line.
The Apollo–Classic mountain top finish scratch race. Race starts at Apollo Road T junction. All grades head back towards Tharwa, turn at the straight section opposite the aero model club, return along Naas Rd then climb to the top of Apollo Road.
Race Director: Ben Davis Contact: Email: email@example.com Ph +61416014629
Marshals: Dale Kleeman, Chris Nolan, Michael Foulds.
Upcoming Marshall Roster
The nominated marshals for upcoming events are;
– Jul 1 @ Stromlo: David Witteveen
– Jul 8 @ Old Federal Highway: Ben Healy, Tess Mclachlan, Andrew Murrell, Alex Sommariva, Warwick Wilson
– Jul 22 @ Dairy Flat: David Gunther
– Jul 29 @ Dalton: Jayson Clarke, Tony Sheehan, Brian Chugg, Lindsay Graham, Daniel Grillo
– Aug 5 @ Lookout Hill: Paul Ledbrook, Stephen Isbel