In the Bleat this week;
- HART.R8 for HARTLEY – INDOOR CYCLE CHALLENGE
- Pedal Power – Traffic Controller Course
- Racing this Week
Please send me your contributions at: TheBleat@actvets.cc
HART.R8 for HARTLEY – INDOOR CYCLE CHALLENGE
SATURDAY 29 JULY 2017
Get your HART.R8 pumping during our 3 or 6 hour indoor cycle challenge! Your valuable support will help children and adults with physical and complex disabilities within our local community.
WHAT IS HART.R8 for HARTLEY?
- Choose either 3 or 6 hours of heart pumping indoor cycling – the event is being run simultaneously at different gyms across Canberra on Saturday 29th July
- Professionally trained gym instructors leading the fun filled sessions with fantastic music pumping the entire time
- Choose either Individual x 3 hour ride ($32) or Individual x 6 hour ride ($58)
- Or choose Team x 3 hour ride ($130) or Team x 6 hour ride ($200). Teams can have up to 4 participants via tag team (access to 1 bike)
- Entry includes a water bottle
DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS – YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH GYM YOU WANT TO RIDE AT (TIMES VARY)
- Alive Health & Fitness – Narrabundah (9am – 3pm)
- Body Basics – Queanbeyan (10am – 4pm)
- Fitness First – Deakin (7am – 1pm)
- Fitness First – Canberra City (8.30am – 2.30pm)
- Southern Cross Health Club – Woden (12noon – 6pm)
- TEAM Fitness Centre – Dickson (10am – 4pm)
Register online at www.hartley.org.au
Pedal Power – Traffic Controller Course
Pedal Power ACT, in association with Roads ACT have scheduled a FREE Traffic Controller Course for the Cycling clubs and Community of the ACT for the past three years. Roads ACT have once again enabled FREE access to this training for two more dates in 2017.
The Traffic Controller training that is provided meets the NSW and the ACT requirements and provides the appropriate qualification to allow a registered person to control traffic at cycling (and other) events.
The Traffic Controller Training courses will be held for free for Canberra cycling clubs and cycling organisations in July and again in November. Spaces are limited for each training course.
Fully subsidised by Roads ACT these courses have been organised to assist in minimising costs on cycling clubs and organisations and help train volunteers, or club appointed marshals to fulfil the traffic controller duties at cycling events. We urge you to make use of this generous offer and assist your club and the broader cycling community by having more trained and skilled operators available for club and open events in the ACT. Please note ALL registrants must have a current driver’s license.
Dates: Saturday 11 November
Time: Full day of training 8:30-5:30 pm
Location: Canberra Ave, Fyshwick
To register please go to:
Any problems or concerns please let me know.
Stephanie Sleen | Program and Events Manager
I work Mondays (9-5) Tuesdays (9-2:30) and Fridays (9-5)
Ph: 02 6248 7995
Pedal Power ACT
Level 2 Griffin Centre, 20 Genge Street, Canberra City ACT | GPO Box 581, Canbera ACT, 2601
- Marshals are critical to the survival of our racing schedule as we simply cannot conduct races safely without them. Please note the policy on members marshalling a race a year to support club races athttps://actvets.cc/racing-with-us/marshal-schedule/. Note that members should not leave it to the last minute to try and find a replacement if they can’t make their allotted marshaling duty.
President, ACT Veterans Cycling
RACING THIS WEEK:
Saturday, 22nd July: Dairy Road Criterium
Where: Dairy Road, Fyshwick.
When: 1:30 pm.
Sign on: 15 mins before scheduled start time wearing your registered number.
1:30pm – E,F,G -25 minu
2:00pm – C, D – 30 mins
2:35pm – A, B – 35 mins
Race Director: Alain Arbaut Contact: Email: email@example.com Ph 0400493148
Marshal: David Gunther
Upcoming Marshall Roster
The nominated marshals for upcoming events are;
– Jul 29 @ Dalton: Jayson Clarke, Tony Sheehan, Brian Chugg, Lindsay Graham, Daniel Grillo
– Aug 5 @ Lookout Hill: Paul Ledbrook, Stephen Isbel
– Aug 12 @ Dog Trap Rd: Andrew Murrell, Simon Junakovic, Peter Young, Ian Mongan, Graham Tanton