With the relaxation of some restrictions on community sports, the ACT Vets will be resuming racing with a Time Trial event this Saturday.
Please note the Race Conditions below so we can ensure we run a safe event.
In the Bleat this week;
- Jeff Culnane Funeral
- Product Recall
- Racing this Week
Jeff Culnane Funeral
ACT Vets turned out last Wednesday to honour long-time member Jeff Culnane.
Members formed up to lead a procession of the hearse to the grave site. Unfortunately due to COVID restrictions, members were unable to participate in the service.
The Culnane family were thrilled with the honour guard and would like to thank all members who took part.
And a big thank you from me.
For any members who have a Bicycle Baby Carrier fitted to their bike to carry small children should check the following recall notice;
RACING THIS WEEK:
Saturday, 13th June: Tidbinbilla Time Trial
Where: Intersection of Tidbinbilla Reserve Rd and Paddy’s River Road approx 14 km from Point Hut Crossing.
Parking: Off the road on either side of Paddy’s River Road. For road safety reasons, please DO NOT park on the corners of the intersection. Road traffic can be busy and dangerous, especially around the times we are finishing.
When: 1:30 pm.
Sign on: 15 mins before scheduled start time wearing your registered number
Tidbinbilla Nature reserve, Flints Crossing,turn at power lines on hill before Point Hut Crossing T junction. 1 lap 32km.
Race Director: Steve Crispin Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph 0419 429 453
Marshals: Howard Moffat ETC, Brendan Byatt ETC, Paul Robey
It is important that we continue to maintain hygiene and social distancing. Please observe the following conditions;
- Any rider who is feeling unwell should not participate. Any members with symptoms, such as a fever, cough, headache, sore throat or tiredness should stay at home and consult a doctor if symptoms persist. Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker available at: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/symptom-checker/tool/basic-details
- If you are riding to the event, no more than two riders together.
- Be there by 1:15 but stay away from the start area until ready to start and there are less than 5 riders at the start line. Sign on at the start line from 1:30.
- Riders will be sent out in signon order. If you do need to overtake, please allow plenty of clearance.
- No Physical Contact: please refrain from shaking hands, pats on the back, etc.
- No tea and coffee will be served after the event.
- The event is free so no money will be required.
- No spectators.
- No Trial Rides on the day. Potential Trial riders are to contact the club prior to the race.
- There will be no results presentation at the end. Riders are requested to leave once they have finished and not congregate after the race to socialise. Results will be posted on RMS.
- If any participants do feel unwell in the two weeks following the race, could you please advise the race committee so that we can advise members.